PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
You are not receiving legal or personal advice of any kind and no one reviews any of your responses or submissions for accuracy or appropriateness
- 2 COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- 3 USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 4 SHARING OR DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5 CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- 6 YOUR CHOICES AND SELECTING YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES
- 7 ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 8 DATA SECURITY
- 9 MODIFICATIONS TO THE POLICIES
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service’s technologies.
Information provided by you
The types of information the Service collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that the Provider expressly asks you to enter and submit to the Service:
- Information relating to the Provider’s products;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments and feedback;
- Interests and communication preferences.
Information Collected Automatically
The Service automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Service. Examples of information collected automatically include:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on a Service;
- Location information for location-aware Services to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
The Provider may use and disclose automatically collected information for any purpose, except where the Provider is restricted by applicable law. If the Provider combines any automatically collected information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by the Provider as personal information.
The Provider may also use aggregated information for any purpose, however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- “Session” cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close your browser;
- “Persistent” cookies, which remain until you delete them or they expire;
- Web beacons, which are electronic images also known as single-pixel gifs.
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Service, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Service.
The Provider and its service providers use these technologies for various purposes, including: facilitating the login process, administering, customizing and improving the Service, personalizing the browsing experience; advertising, promotions and surveys, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors and other copyright holders and content distributors as well as tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to register, login or make full use of the Service. You can also use your mobile device’s settings to manage the available privacy options.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Provider may use the personal information collected through the Service to complete various actions:
- to assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- to provide and improve service and support;
- to update you on relevant new services and benefits;
- to personalize the Service and to select content to be communicated to you or to use features on the Service such as sharing content with a friend or colleague;
- to contact you regarding our products or services or other products and services from third parties;
- for data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Service, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement with the Provider;
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The Provider may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that the Provider obtains from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
SHARING OR DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Provider shares your personal information in the following ways:
- Agents, Representatives, Sponsors, Societies and Business Partners. Your personal information may be accessible to our agents, representatives, sponsors and entities for which the Provider is acting as an agent, licensee, joint venturer or publisher.
- Service Providers. Your personal information may be accessible to our service providers and suppliers, which assist the Provider with producing and delivering our products and services, operating our business, and marketing, promotion and communications. These providers and suppliers include, for example, editors, reviewers, credit card processors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers and shipping agents.
- Other Third Parties: The Provider may share personal Information with third parties if the Provider expressly told you about such potential disclosure at the point at which you submitted the Information to the Provider.
Compliance with Law and Similar Obligations. The Provider may share personal information in order to: (i) respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (ii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iii) enforce and protect the rights and properties of the Provider or its affiliates; or (iv) protect the rights or personal safety of our employees and third parties on or using our property.
Change in Corporate Circumstances. If the Provider, the Service or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another Provider, your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective or actual purchasers. The Service also may provide access to social media features, message boards, chat, forums, blogs, profile pages and other services to which you are able to post personal information and materials. Any information you post or disclose through these services is public. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
The Provider does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and the Provider does not target this website to children under 13.
YOUR CHOICES AND SELECTING YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES
You can manage available communications preferences when you register with the relevant Service, by updating your account preferences, or, where applicable, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive. The absence of any “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism indicates that you will not receive communications from the Provider. The Provider reserves the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information about you that you have provided to the Provider through the websites or mobile platforms governed by this policy. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information. Additional rights may also apply under applicable laws.
The Service may allow registered users to access their registration information and make corrections or updates. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
To protect your privacy and security, the Provider will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to the Provider, please contact the Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Provider relies solely upon data security measures implemented by the provider of its internet host services intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE POLICIES
These terms were last updated on 29 May 2018
For information contact ilawyer at email@example.com.